Saturday, March 18, 2017

Butterfly Woven Quilt for Kaydence is ALL DONE !!!

After sharing so much in my last post about HOW I quilted this quilt... I have kept my nose to grind stone and finished the quilting of it 💗
I had lots of fun making this a special quilt for my granddaughter Kaydence... with her first and last initial on the left side of the quilt...
I couldn't let KC be the only thing on this to identify who it was for though... so I used the nickname her dad and stepmom had given her across the top as well!
I had to draw it all out several times before I was satisfied... but what do you think below now! :)
I found that quilting "Bubbles" with back stitches turned out well for both sides of the quilt also... I wasn't sure before I did it though! lol
And above the label and tag are now on her quilt... I love the finishing though!

Then into the wash and dryer it went... finally ready to show off :)
I used a permenent pen and heat set it... and since I didn't have exactly the right shade of pink to sew down the label... I added a bit of found lace instead!!!

The hearts on the back side of this quilt came to be on Valentine's day... when the front was complete and needed a backing just a bit wider than this fabric was... so I expanded it from the center and used fabric from my stash and the hearts from leftovers from the front for sweet Bubbles to enjoy and remember her 2 year old present from her Grammy!!! <3

Linking this slow stitching accomplishment to Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday Linky <3  HERE!

I would also like to wish you all a Happy Quilting Weekend... this is a fun weekend to take time to sew and I am doing just that myself as you can see above!!!



Thanks for visiting and take time to....

5 comments:

  1. Kathi, you did a beautiful job on kaydence's quilt. Bubbles is going to love it!! 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it... the special touches you added make it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I like your label idea very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!