Sunday, August 28, 2016

Quilty Acquisitions and Progress!!!

Welcome to my blog this Sunday morning!

I am linking this totally quilty post to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching linky HERE!  Come see what other slow stitchers of all types are posting!!!

I have had several quilty acquisitions since I last blogged.. and I am loving being an empty nester... no kids to divert funds to!!! hahaha :)

Last week I sold a computer locally .. I had bought it last year for my daughter but she turned her nose up to it and told me finally I should just sell it.. so I did! lol  Turned out the lady who bought it is a QUILTER!!!  She admired my hand quilted wall hangings and the quilt on my frame waiting to be quilted.... then a couple days later I found this lovely Christmas bag filled with Vintage Quilting Goodies!!!
 The boxes are heavy duty with vintage Singer sewing machines on them... I love the stripe too!  They are all 3 the same and they nest... it was fun to open them up and keep discovering another round box!!!

Inside each box is a divided top section that is removable and leaves a nice area for a project.

Then there was the sign... all these items quickly found a place in our home...
 Above is the Sewing Room sign proudly hanging over the sewing room :)  I just love it!!!

And below is 2 of the 3 boxes... they have found a home on the bar.. the smallest one found a place near CJ's toys so he can figure out how it works! :)
 Also above, you will notice some other fun items... well the lady who bought the computer and gifted me the items I have shared had a garage sale yesterday... I went and came back with this cool project bag you can see better below...
 It is a Laurel Burch if you were unsure.. .it is a DOG print... appropriate with our Daisy always on our minds when we aren't home! lol  I figure this will be a fun tote for a project like the little angel money holder I plan to make for a Christmas present ....
Or one of the million other ideas I have in my head currently! lol  The above fall fabric is 2 yards !!!  I plan to make placemats out of these!  The other 2 fabrics are fat quarters and I fell in love with both.. all together I spent $10 on these goodies  YIPEEE!!!!

Then I also ordered a fat quarter lot from a range of fabrics called "Button Tree Lane" by Henry Glass...
 I especially love all the sayings on the center fabrics... from a distance it looks like whisical colorful paisley... but when you look closely they are all quilty /sewing related wordings in the paisley print!  LOVE!!!
So I am currently feeling very pleased with my acquisitions... I spent just under $30 total on everything and the garage sale will have NEW fabrics being shown next weekend... I was invited back by my new friend before the sale starts to look around :D!  Yippeeee!!!

So as my honey enjoys seeing me happy with these new acquisitions he wonders how I will utilize these new things when I have several projects going already... well I found this quote and I think maybe it will help him understand that for a relatively small amount of outlay in cash I have lots and lots of inspiration and happiness now!
And a growing new friendship to enjoy also!

My main focus in quilting has been hand quilting to finish Starlight ... Starbright!

I finished the 7th block....

 And turned the quilt to start the 8th block....
 And I already am making a good start today on this 8th block!  I hope to be ready to bind this beauty in about a month.. I know it sounds far away.. but this stitching takes time and life isn't slowing down much lately to give me good quilting time really.

Follow me on facebook if you like to see more frequent progress than I show on my blog... you can find me as "Kathi B. Clower"... my profile pic is a pic of me and this quilt in the background too! lol
To keep things honest please comment here if you plan to friend me there ... that way I know there is a connection without having to look at how we know each other! lol

Thanks for stopping in... make sure this happy day to ...

12 comments:

  1. Love how you are quilting this quilt! Nice additions to your sewing room too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved watching this quilt come to life, it's so so unique how you have quilted it. I am sure it will be treasured and your daughter will feel your love as she is snuggled under it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you certainly have some fun finds here and enjoy your beautiful hand quilting today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching your progress on the Star quilt. You have some great treasures there. Those fabrics are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a whole set of those round boxes at one time. Now I just have the big one and store buttons galore in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Kathy, a few stitching supplies keeps us very happy and inspired
    All your new items look great in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great acquisitions. Your quilting is coming along really well. So fun to watch it progress. I think I have you on FB... but I'll check.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your slow progress...looks great!
    LOVE that button tree lane fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy for you that you have found a new quilty friend! Your daughter's quilt is almost there!!! It's so pretty. I'm glad you are doing ok with the empty nest thing; I hope your daughter is doing ok on her end, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were able to find some of the Button Tree Lane fabric. Isn't it awesome? Loving all your quilty acquisitions. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you were able to find some of the Button Tree Lane fabric. Isn't it awesome? Loving all your quilty acquisitions. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!