Sunday, March 27, 2016

~ Blessed Easter Sunday ~

I hope whatever you are doing today brings you great joy my bloggy friends...

This week my finger has healed to the point I can quilt again without depending on the thimble for every single stitch...

And I completely finished the second star wheel on this quilt!!!!

See the close up of the swirls in the outer border I am doing as I come to them...

I am really enjoying the variety of theads and stitching I am doing on this quilt :)  My daughter... the recipient when it is done... is LOVING the pops of red that I am putting on the stars and outer border also!  But she also says she is enjoying all the stitches and will try some straight stitches in this quilt if I insist... well guess what... I will insist that she put a few stitches in... this is her forever quilt and I want her to cherish her stitches !!!  Like she cherishes mine :)











And this is my view this morning!
I am happily and busily working on the 3rd block now :D

While my finger was healing... I focused on the log cabin quilt I am making ....
Once I finish the last 4 blocks ... I will let my honey arrange them in this pattern until he is happy with it... this wall hanging will ultimately hang in our living room.. so I want us to BOTH be happy! lol

Here is my Resurrection Sunday flower in the Mickey vase...
I hope you each have a blessed Sunday... as for me I will be slow stitching the day away ... because of this I want to link up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching Linky HERE!!!  Come see what other's are sharing there today :)

Until my next post remember...

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you too. I love the way you are quilting your blocks! How many blocks in this quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hand quilting is just stunning. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job Kathi. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both quilts are looking really good - have fun stitching and Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Kathi! Your quilting looks gorgeous and I'm so glad that your daughter will be putting in some stitches... it's a special memory that will be stitched into the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hand quilting and your log cabin blocks are stunning. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hand quilting is stunning! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt! Have a very happy Easter and enjoy your slow stitching this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is so pretty; love the pops of red stitching in it. Happy Easter to you! We've had a good day; my new washer and dryer were delivered to our new house....lol. I've been catching up on laundry and watching it rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!