Saturday, February 6, 2016

February is coming in BUSY here :)

I can't believe it is already February!!!
But on Monday morning I dutifully turned my calendar and look...
 I love the theme in my calendar for this month... Dare to be Wacky! Live a life worth LOVING!!!

And look what I have coming up on my oldest son's Birthday!!!
February 24 >>> AQS (American Quilter's Society) is hosting a 4 day quilt show in nearby Daytona Beach!  Me and my honey will be going the first day (to avoid crowds ... I don't like very crowded areas much!)
AND >>> I am taking a needleturn applique class with Mary Sorensen the second day of it!

I am MEGA EXCITED ABOUT THIS Y'ALL!!!  Can ya tell! lol

I have never been to a proper quilt show before.. how can I be my age and never have done this??? lol!  Well time to change that this month!!!  I have also never been able to do a good job with needleturn applique... see this was a perfect circle that turned into an wonky oval on my attempt at needleturning a quilt label??!!!
So hopefully this teacher can adjust my habits to good ones that can show off my skill with needle, thread and fabric :)

So let me recap my busy week for you ...

eBay... then eBay ... and more eBay selling... we are raising money to pay our home taxes for the year and it looks like that goal will be met later this month!!!  I am very happy for this :)

In between eBaying everything we don't really use or collect anymore I have been quilting on my Fall Wall hanging...
And as the photo says... this marks 2/3 done on my quilting of this outer border!!!

I am hoping by Monday to be binding, labeling and adding a hanging sleeve to this awesome wall hanging and taking a few photos before putting it away until August or so... I can't wait to have it up for many Autumns to come though!!!  It is a fun piece of art that I am creating here... for sure! :)

Linking this Slow Stitching progress to Kathy's Quilts ~ Slow Stitching Sunday HERE!

Also this week I received a package from my bestie Connie!

She sent me this cool lightweight jacket to wear in the chilly mornings here... Florida is a place in the winter you must layer up and down throughout the days of winter... lol!

But what I really love about the jacket is the sleeves... there is a thumbhole in each sleeve end...
 This feature is perfect for quilting away early in the mornings (I am up by 3 am most days)... I am enjoying it this morning too!

She also sent a little something for CJ and Rick to play with during CJ's next visit...
 This cute wooden block train will be a blast for Rick and CJ to enjoy together... well I may even get in on the action too! lol

Finally she included this picture frame ... my honey encouraged me to find a picture that would look good in it and I found this shot to add to it...
 And here it is ensconced already in our decor!  You can see Connie, then me, then our friend Debbie in this shot... GREAT MEMORIES I get to now enjoy every time I walk past this area... about 30 times a day! lol
I hope you are finding things in your life to celebrate as well!

Before I close this post... 

I would like to share a facebook funny...
Yep, I am wanted with a pretty big reward for my capture... since I colour outside the lines! lol

I do totally own up to this crime though!  In life and in reality I lived inside the lines of expectations others had of me... only in my older years am I colouring outside the lines and I LOVE IT!!!!  How about you ??  Are you guilty of getting outside the lines of societal expectations in your neck of the woods... or do you stay strictly inside the lines of life expectations of yourself??!!

Finally, I would like to leave you with a verse I am pondering today...
I find walking in the Light of the Lord Jesus is much preferred to the darkness that abounds us daily..

Until my next post I do hope your February is off to a LOVE-ly start & don't forget...


10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful week you have had! I just love it and I am glad you a re colouring outside the lines it's great to break out of the box! Love the time we can share online and one day we might just have a photo together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post! And here's to coloring outside the lines! I admire you for that!! I am currently in a situation where I want to make some work changes and I am worrying more about what everyone else thinks, than what is best for me!! Your gifts are wonderful.. I love the jacket sleeves. Have a great time playing with those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great way to raise money to pay the taxes and clear out things not needed as well. Love the jacket sleeve, I keep a pair of half finger gloves in the sewing room then if the room gets chilly and my hands get too cold in the winter I can put them on and they don't get in the way of the sewing. Do not be surprised if the quilt show is packed - first day is usually crowded - not less crowded - from my experience anyway - the weekend days are always crowded as well. I don't know if this show is huge or not - but expect to have to push your way into vendor areas LOL - well not push but wait your turn - vendors get very crowded!! Also do not expect sales at the vendors - they charge full price - have never seen anything on sale at the vendors at quilt shows. You well see some new notions thought that might not be new but new to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have had a great week. We all need to clear out the things that we don't need anymore... I have a couple of jackets with that type of sleeve...very cozy. Have a great day stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful fun calendar book. I have a jacket with those sleeves and like the style. The first day of a major quilt show like AQS is usually the busiest, as Karen commented. Be forewarned that the vendors and their quilting items are very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds and looks like a wonderful week! I had to chuckle at your calender. I have a plain desk calender, rather large, which is great for shoving papers under but I noticed that Saturday was mis-printed and said the 2nd versus the 6th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great week. Enjoy the show. I love this cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to have a great time at the AQS show, I went to Charlotte a couple of years ago and spent four days taking classes and making new friends. Can't wait to see your Autumn slow stitching project. Visiting from Slow Stitching Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy post! Glad things are good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you... what a great class it will be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!