Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016 from Florida!

Happy Friday and...
I woke so excited this morning to share my new motto!

You see earlier last year... late summer or so... I was in Tuesday Morning shopping for sheets and found this pad at the checkout and impulse purchased it! lol
It has a magnetic closure and cute paper inside it as well.. but the saying REALLY Inspired Me!  So I have decided to make this saying my Motto this year... and make sure I stop and smell the roses life has to offer along the way!

If you stop and think... Life is Beautiful... if we allow it....







~ I thought for New Years I would share a helpful tip for hand quilting ~

Linking THIS TIP to Sew and Sow Farms... Sew Simple Saturday HERE!

Do you ever finish a row and wonder what happened with the evenness of your stitching?  Some people make beautiful stitches from the get go... but me personally.. I have to AUDITION my stitches :)   What I mean by that is...
I look at my stitches while they are still on the needle... those on the left are uneven... so do I want to match the first one or the second one??  I decided to match the first one so I pulled the needle back and focused on the size of my space where the thread would be left once pulled through....

Also this is a big BiG timesaver.. no more unpicking your work... just AUDITION it as you go!

Now .. don't forget my Motto... here is my closing now too!


Do you have a motto or do you do something else each January to jump start any stagnant areas in your life??  Have a blessed one friends!

2 comments:

  1. No motto here, I guess I just take life as it comes. Have a very happy new year and hope you get to see your newest grandchild this year at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really come up with a motto for the year, but several things come to mind: enjoy life, make time, seek God. We def. plan to buy our forever home this year, we will join my dad's church, and I want to sew, sew, sew. I did put a few embroidery stitches in yesterday on the 1st, to make sure I would be sewing all year. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!