Monday, January 25, 2016

Fall Wall Hanging ~ Progress :)

My Fall Wall hanging has gone from a flimsy....
To the last of the center getting completed on this 45" x 60" wall hanging..
Above is that last block and the stencil I plan on using in the border.. I had another pulled. but after watching a video on Craftsy ... I changed my mind! lol
Here is the latest video class I purchased and it is perfect for a newbie to an old pro.. something for anyone!!!

In the first lesson Jessica introduced several stitches including these...
I went with the Whip Stitch...
And two colors and weights of perle cotton by Valdani as my choices :)

Here is a better close up of it...
Both theads are variegated and I love the results... let me show you how easy this is now...

Step 1 is simply using a big stitch running stitch...
 then in step 2 you wrap the thicker thread around your running stitch..
 Leaving these lovely results!...
Here is a better view of what I am doing and what I have done...
I am using a chalk pencil to mark my stencil... then erasing it by spritzing with water afterward.. it dries quickly once you soak up the excess spritzed water too! :)

Linking this post to Kelly at NTT (Needle and Thread Thursday) HERE :)

I have also been doing some sewing in my sewing room... on another cushion for Daisy... here is a cornerstone... just to share the cute fabric I added to this project.. she loves the other cushion I made her so this one will be a good bit larger..
More on this cushion in my next post as it is still in the dryer! lol

Hope you have a wonderful week and work on each project you hope to finish by the end of the month! :)

Remember...

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are enjoying the class - the stitches look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! I love it! I recently purchased that class, but have not finished it. Craftsy is a fantastic company. If you buy a class that you are disappointed in, you can return it within 30 days. I did this recently and got a refund without hassle. Love most of the classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! Always learning, always crafting! Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!