Sunday, November 15, 2015

What's up next...

Happy Sunday Ya'll!
From Florida's east coast to each of you :)

Having a stellar finish on Thursday... made me happy I had been working on this as I finished that!
This is the beginning of a new quilt for Kaydence Ava Grace Clower.. my granddaughter :)
Here is a very sweet picture of her taken this month :)  She is now 5 months old... and if you are a regular reader of mine you know I made her a quilt before she was born and gifted it at the baby shower... Alas there was a terrible house fire when she was only 2 weeks old that took this quilt away... luckily no one was home... but this is now the second complete loss home fire our family has suffered!!!

Anyway, there is now a need for a REPLACEMENT BLANKIE!!!! Yippee :)

Now that she has come into the world ... and mom and dad have had time to adjust to their new lives... it is time to get this little angel a new blankie ... so I am calling this... Kaydence's Take 2 Blankie!!!!

So mom had some requests this time around... and I had some suggestions she liked... starting with sending me her handwriting that will all be embroidered on the center block of this quilt... the the white center with nothing in it...
Above you may be able to make out my pencil... I couldn't get the pencil marks to photo well... but I can see them :)

So November 13, 2015 in the wee hours of the morning I started on the embroidery of her name...
Can you see the beginnings above of a little chain stitching action??!!!
I decided to start with the center of the block and her middle names... "Ava Grace".. then I moved down to her last name "Clower" :)

Now I am starting on her first name...
I keep her pics close by... Keashia (my daughter in law) sent them with her handwriting via snail mail!

Here is a close up of the chain stitching in my 7" embroidery hoop too!

So as I finish up on this name ... then work on the green surrounding sections on this block to add the birth statistics (date, time, weight, and length) also in her mom's handwriting... I will do those in pink to pop off the green background... :)

I am having a blast with this slow stitching... and pondering so many other projects on my plate for this month... let's see how I go!!!

Hope you have a blessed and peaceful rest day!


10 comments:

  1. enjoy the time spent with the baby quilt - made with love I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea for the center block!
    Such a sweet grandbaby... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific, sweet idea!! Your stitching is lovely, too. How fun it will be to work on this special project!! Have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kathi, I love incorporating mama's handwriting into this quilt. It's going to be simply fabulous! And Kaydence is just too precious! What a proud grandma you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely block, and such a neat idea to embroider her handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable embroidery--love it in y9ur own handwriting....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a wonderful idea and enjoy your stitching today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you personalize your projects Kathi! Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching...love the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is going to be a beautiful and cherished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!