Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thinking ahead :)

November conjures up so much each year.. First of all

It is the month I am THANKFUL!!

I am thankful to have found an under finger thimble (more on that later in this post)
I also started using a metal thimble by Clover on my middle top finger this year and my hands enjoy the break for sure! lol
I am thankful that YLI thread is so easy to use and make small stitches with :)
And I love the $10 I spent on a big jar of Bag Balm for my fingers and hands!  It is delicious feeling and non greasy at all!!!!
Finally I am grateful for the background which is my Current Project...

Current Project...

My current project is Kimber's Memory Quilt... I am so close to binding I can taste it! lol  I am stitching with every spare moment right now and using that underhand thimble on my pointer or middle finger ... I rotate depending on comfort for stitching!

I am currently 1/2 done with the border and just have the binding to attach and stitch down after that!!!
Here is my secret to being able to get more stitches in :)
You can go to the website on the card and order one if you are interested... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it for my underfinger... took some getting used to like anything else new and different... but my fingers aren't hamburger meat looking either and that makes me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! lol

To 2016 :)

Just ordered my planner for next year!


I am planning my "motto" for my blog for the year...
But I am not saying goodbye to 2015 so quickly...

I have graph papered ideas galore right now... and a quilt half made in the sewing room ... on the design wall waiting to be finished... I have lots more fun in store :)

Are you happy with all you are accomplishing in 2015???

So until my next post... are you ready for 2016???

3 comments:

  1. No, I'm not ready for 2016. I'm not sure I'm ready for 2015 (it just cannot be November already!). I love YLI thread, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use YLI for hand piecing but normally use other thread for hand quilting - just my choice there but I heard they new sell in variegated colors so I will certainly take a look and see what they have at Red Rock Threads. I ordered the under thimble and it only comes in one size - if you have skinny fingers like mine it doesn't fit - it is too big - I have tried putting a little sticky thing inside it to stick to my finger but it is just too big. I am very pleased with all I have gotten done with in 2015 I am close to having finished 10 quilts! and the 11th will be on the frame soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad you have adjusted to using a thimble. You have come a long way from the days of wrapping your finger with electrical tape. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!