Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Shifting gears...

I can't believe it is Wednesday.. I have had such a busy and productive week!!!
I have been focusing my week on the center block embroidery in the center quilt block above...
Here is a close up of the outline stitch I used...
and today I got that FINISHED!!!
I am using pink variegated Valdani 12 weight thread for the embroidery in the green areas :)

Then I got the center part all sewn together once I re-ironed the center block.  I then added an orange border that needs mitering and cut the outer border that I thought would fit for mitering but it won't :(

After pondering what to do... I called my bestie Connie who sent me that green fabric and she had enough to send me cornerstones in that same green fabric :)  Yippee!  But that means that this project is on hold until USPS can deliver.. Saturday or Monday at the earliest I would think!

So I have decided to dive into a couple of other projects... my Colorful Whole Cloth (aka Garden Bouquet Whole Cloth Quilt) will be my hand quilting project...
Here is my first hooping of that :)

And I will start piecing my Fall Wall Hanging... here is my intro shot of that project...
I bought some fall pinwheels in various fabrics/colors and some shot cotton that will be the solid in my pattern above... I am excited about this project too!  It will hang in our foyer next fall probably at this point.. but will be nice to have an Autumn Wall Hanging in the foyer for sure!!!

So that is what is going on in my quilty life... What is going on in yours??

Would love to hear from you!  Please leave a comment if you can :)

Hope you are having a blessed day!  And remember to...

4 comments:

  1. looks like the baby quilt will be coming to an end soon and it is looking good the embroidery is a very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt that's turning out to be. I still think the embroidered birth details in her mama's handwriting is a wonderful idea! Genius

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt came together very quickly! I've been taking it easy (head cold) and getting lots of hand quilting in on my quilt. Another few lazy days and maybe I can get it completed by Turkey day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, so,will baby. It has a nice graphic appeal with the embroidered block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!