Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Progress Report ~ Kimber's Memory Quilt almost done!!!

I have been working steadily since my last post...
Above is progress on the border and a bag I found to hold this precious quilt when done... my goal was to have it easily portable as the recipient is a busy lady!  She is improptu and I wanted this quilt ready to see the world with her :)

Above you can see the label a bit...
Here is the label over half quilted now.. just the left and bottom borders left to stitch here...

Here is a corner... they were my favorites to stitch :)

And the last border to stitch was right here....
Finally the quilting was CoMPLETE!!!!

I could stitch on the binding... and in less that an hour I had stitched on all that binding from beginning to end... 

This just leaves...
Yippee!!!!

Also this weekend I found I was a bit distracted as my son James turned 25 and here is his daughter and my granddaughter Kaydence..
The next quilt I will focus on is to replace her first quilt lost to a fire...

Also I got my desk calendar for 2016 :)
 It starts mid 2015 so I am starting to use it now...
Not sure if these are currently even available anymore but you can look for other Suzy Toronto designs.. I found this one on eBay searching "Toronto planner"... she also has calendars and cups.. but this is what I use to keep life somewhat traceable :)

Hope you are finding progress in your own life ... as I continue to bind and look forward to gifting this beautiful memory quilt... I send a little sweet thought to each of you for a pleasant rest of your week!


7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous quilt, well done, and your grand daughter is simply Grand! Her quilt will be just as fabulous I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet baby is growing up!! The memory quilt is truly a treasure! Can't wait to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish and a Happy Birthday to your son. She sure is growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on getting to the binding - I know you have been working on this one for awhile now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Binding already? Woo hoo! I hope you'll show us a picture of the entire quilt once you've finished the binding.. the little snippets you've shown tell me it's going to be a spectacular quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A polka dot binding. You know I love that! Your quilting stitches are so beautiful. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the home stretch now! How exciting! Those little grands grow up too fast don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!