Friday, September 18, 2015

Happy Friday :)

Hello my bloggy friends... glad I haven't been gone so long this time :)  Hope you are having a Happy Friday in your part of the world!!!

Although it doesn't show in the shot above... I am about 3/4 finished with the crazy triangle background stitching on this cute sunshine!

This is all part of a memory quilt I am hand quilting for a dear friend from her daughters clothes... her daughter died suddenly several years back.... she is now ready to enjoy the clothes instead of store them...
So here is the top me and my bestie Connie put together this summer... once I finish this beautiful sunshine.. penned by Kaylie just weeks before her death... I will have 5 blocks left to quilt and some sashings too... then onto the borders :)

I am hoping to have this done in November as I have other things in my quilty life that need attention too... but this is taking first place currently and until I reach the borders I really can't focus on anything else... my friend needs this quilt to snuggle her daughter again!!!

While I am quilting this fun quilt... I have found a new series on Netflix...
And having a teenage daughter .. it is very appropriate and has given me great communication ideas for her already and I am only 5 shows into the first season and there are about 7 seasons to enjoy on this show!!! Yippee :)

Have you seen Gilmore Girls?  It is a TV series from 2000 to 2007 about a working mom and her academically blessed daughter and their lives together... being a single mom myself now I am relating to a lot I see on the show... but more than that I love seeing a healthy mom/daughter relationship... hope that doesn't change as the series progresses!

Linking the quilty parts of my post to Confessions of a Fabric Addict blog... Sarah is also hosting a GREAT GIVEAWAY TODAY!!!  HERE :)
On a sad note my favorite bracelet that I wear every day finally stretched until it broke the other day... I felt naked without it.. well God led me to a replacement one and it came in the mail this week!

Tah Dah!!!!

I have kept what pieces I could from the broken one.. so one day when this one breaks I will mix them together and have them restrung at the local jewelry shop... and not let it get stretched out... will be the best of both then!  For now I am really enjoying my new glasses, new bracelet, and new hair do!  All is good in my fashion world! lol

CJ hasn't been coming by as frequently lately... but he did stop in once this week...
Isn't he a cutie!!!  I love my grandson soooo much!!!!

And I made him his fave breakfast...
Grammy's homemade oatmeal and some fruit just the right size for his fingers to feed himself with! lol

We played with some books my bestie Connie had sent and he played with toys a bit too.  He makes me smile no matter what mood I am in when he stops by!

I hope to finish the sunshiney block today and move down to the bottom left corner and work on the Brewers block next... that and some house chores that I have been sadly lacking in getting done is what is on my to do list this weekend... How about you??  Are you having a Happy Friday too???

Have a blessed weekend... and remember to...


5 comments:

  1. I am loving your memory quilt. I have a friend at work that keeps asking me to make something like that for her from her daughter's baby clothes. I just can't seem to find the time!!! So glad you were able to replace your fav. bracelet. And cutie pie is still so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your quilt is coming along pretty well I think. I loved the Gilmore Girls and watched that series before the one that I am watching now and I'm just about caught up on - NCIS from the beginning and found I had missed quit a few shows in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful memory quilt! Your grandson looks pretty adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful remembrance for your friend. I was so happy they finally got Gilmore Girls on Netflix - I started watching the first 3 episodes this week too! I've never watched the whole series, just a few shows here and there through the run. It should be fun to watch as I stitch when the house is empty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how most of us quilters all have something to keep us company while stitching ... whether Netflix or audiobooks. ;-)

    That quilt is really coming along ... I've said it before but will say it again - it'll be a real blessing for your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!