Sunday, July 19, 2015

Bulls Eye Wall Hanging... almost there!

Can you believe it... I started this 2 layered batting wall hanging back in June ... soon after Connie sent it to me (early birthday present) ... back when we thought I would have it done by July! ha ha :)

I do think I will see an end to this project in the next week or two though as all that is left after the center is complete...
... is to quilt the border surround that is already marked... bind and put a label and hanging sleeve on it.  Yippee!  Light is bright at the end of this tunnel :)  I am currently on bulls eye #15 out of 16 total!! :)  Yahoo !!!

I have been dreaming of quilting Kimber's memory quilt a lot this week.. I am ready for some fun quilting without the layers of thickness to sew though... don't get me wrong... the clothes will make
me keep out my hemostats for thick seam moments... but most of my quilting these is planned very differently.. that one I will quilt each block how IT looks best :)

CJ came over a couple times this week..
That was definitely fun !!!

My daughter is taking 2 classes in summer school this month.. she finished and passed 1 class over the last 2 weeks... now to finish and pass the second class next :)

So as I slow stitch today I want to link up this excellent progress with Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching :)  Come on over and see what other slow stitching is going on around the globe!

Until my next post...


11 comments:

  1. You have made quite alot of progress indieed! :) And oh so cute....that little smile lighting up the room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So close to the end! Keep going! I am looking forward to seeing this wall hanging all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful project...and CJ is such a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pretty blocks. To me it sounds like you still have a lot to quilt. Enjoy all that stitching. I am looking forward to seeing your border quilting also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. progress is coming along really quickly! love that happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making great bullseye progress!
    CJ is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that bullseye looks fun!! ANd grammy hugs are always wonderful!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making such fabulous progress,my friend! The end is in sight! And I just love the smile on your sweetie pie's face! He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that bull's eye quilt! The colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bull's eye,great fabrics. CJ is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that was quick work on the quilting. What a great smile CJ has.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!