Thursday, July 23, 2015

Bordering FUN!

Well... as soon as I quit lamenting over the weekend about how bored I was with doing the repetitive center quilting on this wall hanging... I got to the border and FUN jumped back into this project !!!!
 I am running 5 needles across at a time...
 Check out this close up...
 I am using Valdani perle 8 and perle 12 weight threads in this border with a dash of light grey 12 wt DMC, and some black YLI 40/3 for the edge basting stitch...
 Finally this morning I caught this shot!  I am already 1/3 of the way around this border in under 2 days!!!!
 Here is how the quilt will hand on the wall... this is 1/4 of the whole quilt for reference... each bulls eye is 7 1/2" finished :)
To go along with this great wall hanging... Connie also has sent me the beginnings of a table topper or table runner from one I found on eBay but missed out on winning...
Here is the one Connie made me with the leftovers from the wall hanging above...
This measures about 15" currently... and this is my plan now for it...
You see I always love making things my own design... so I like skinny logs better than fat ones but love the big squares set on point for the french in this braid design.

I will have 2 logs to each square... then bind it in the same I bind the wall hanging with I think.. we shall see what I have left after piecing this... all my logs will be the homespuns... but the squares will be regular quilt fabric for some stability! lol  This is all still in the planning stages as I am making fast progress on this now!!!

And you know what that means!!!  Soon I will be hand quilting Kimber's memory quilt!!! Yippee :)
I am linking all this quilty progress.. and the quilty ideas too! lol to Kelly's NTT (Needle and Thread Thursday)!!!  Come see what others are linking up HERE... she is a fun quilter and always has fun people linking up interesting things.

Before I close... I had a video to share this week... My grandson CJ is officially WALKING!!!  But I couldn't figure out how to post a video from my iPhone to my blogspot blog.  I am just not techie! lol  So here is a still shot from the video I have to share with you today :)

He is 13 1/2 months old now :)

Thanks for joining me today!  And whatever you have planned remember to...



7 comments:

  1. love your border it is really looking good and that applique piece is really nice too. The baby - cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great border pattern. The appliqué will be fun in a table runner. Walking... watch out Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pumpkin he is! They grow so fast...as does your border! It is just beautiful, makes me want to give the cotton perle quilting a try. Five needles at a time, that is genius. Where were you a few months backs when I was handquilting my 15+-year-old runner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, what a big boy! Our little Brinley started walking last week too. I guess they are about the same age. Your bulls eye is great and you are SO CLOSE to finishing! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kathi,

    Hand quilting and fun are words I could never put in the same sentence and mean it. Your work is beautiful! I love the colours you have used for your bullseyes, and the quilting is something else.

    Little CJ is gorgeous too.

    Love from England, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilting design you chose for the borders ... is it your own design or a pre-cut stencil? And love seeing CJ walking! Look out, world, here he comes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!