Saturday, March 28, 2015

Happy Weekend!!

So sorry it has been a week since my last post friends!  We have been so busy this week I couldn't take time to chat.. but now I have lots of fun things to share :)
Above is a picture of the center medallion of this quilt finished....

Here is a close up of 1/4 of that medallion in my 16" hoop....
I used a light blue thread for the center medallion... but I plan to use other colors in the flowers surrounding this medallion... not a traditional way to stitch a whole cloth for sure... but then I am not a traditional hand quilter I think! lol
Here are the colors of thread I am starting with ... I am using YLI 40 (wooden spools) and Aurifil 28 threads for my quilting pleasure ;)

Here you can see where I am going with the dark blue thread in the flower petals...
So I am having lots of fun with this project!

Meanwhile, I am watching the patchwork of our kitchen floor come together...

These shots are before grouting though... so the lines between the tile look dark... We are using a light colored grout here so it will flow nicely when done... here is the grout going in...
I was the sponge rinsing girl in this process and it sure helped my honey out!!!  He is a master at tile setting but is used to having 2 helpers... so he got me this time instead! Oh my!! lol

But we managed and the floor is curing after being sealed... so pics of the final floor layout... and a peek at my fave tile and why coming up in my next post!

Our weather is cooler and clear... think spring break and we are only seeing temperatures in the high 60's this weekend!  OOOPS! lol

So back to stitching for me this weekend... what are you up to this weekend??





5 comments:

  1. it takes awhile to lay a floor down having gone through that back in October I think it was - been there and done that.
    love the quilt - the colorful flowers will look great I think but then i tend to do things a little differently at times too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you are using different color threads on your whole cloth quilt. You are making great progress; on both the quilt and your kitchen floor. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have tiled two kitchens and attached dining areas and come to think about it both laundry rooms in our last two homes. That is a lot of work. Our current home is on a slab which makes it easier but still a lot of work Anyways it looks great and I know you will love it. Can't wait to see the progress on your whole cloth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send some of that "cooler" weather here please. It got down to the low 20s yesterday at the retreat. Brrr

    Your tile floor is looking fabulous.

    And what a unique way to quilt that whole cloth quilt. It ought to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kathi, I am excited about your whole cloth quilt. I saw my first pic of it on your fb page and I was wondering if you had colored quilting thread or if you were using embroidery floss. I LOVE that you are using different colors...I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Can't wait to see your completed tile floor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!