Saturday, March 14, 2015

Binding and Scraping...

I love to bind using my Wonder Clips...
See how my needle just slides into the fabric below the Wonder Clip??

I use 7 for binding... just a number that has always worked for me to keep up with....

Here is a close up of what I am talking about too...
When placing the Wonder Clip on your binding place it about 1/8" from the edge of your binding... and you can stitch away without removing the clip if you like!  Then move them all when you reach the end of the clips if you like!  Makes it a little of a game moving the 7 clips around :)

I am really enjoying the binding on this little quilt and am linking this post to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching HERE... 

Also we are still scraping the floor in our kitchen... in a quest for a tile floor instead of the 1990's vinyl that has resided there since casa del loro was built!

Here was our progress Saturday morning and a good view of our kitchen floor..
We now have over 1/4 of the floor mostly stripped of the vinyl with more soaking and scraping to go to get down to the bare concrete... it will take a bit we think now!  They glued this entire floor in 1990... no floating in that era! lol

Hope you have a happy rest of your weekend... and don't forget to make time to

11 comments:

  1. Nice backing fabric! All that work on your kitchen floor will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo - the end is in sight for that sweet little quilt for your sweet little one ... It's getting closer and closer to time for her to make her appearance! Wow ... that's going to be a lot of work on that floor - but it'll be worth it! Hope you'll show some after pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am not a sewing-binding fan but I do like the look of those clips and I think the sewing might be easier than the scraping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The binding clips work great. Good luck with the floor..... we eventually need to pull up carpet and put tile in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using Wonder Clips with my binding. Good luck with your tile floor--all that scraping will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned to bind without pinning and clipping. A Lot less work. I have thought of trying these little clips for machine binding both sides though. Oh you couldn't pay me enough to scrape that floor. LOL I am binding my baby quilt today as well.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never used Wonder Clips, but I will keep them in mind. I rarely pin my binding. I just sew away. Good luck with getting that floor up. What a lot of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all that hard work in the kitchen, you'll need some resting and stitching time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you noticed the red side of the clip is curved. I use that on the front side so the binding fullness is on the front side of the quilt. Enjoy your stitches today

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using the Wonder Clips as well. We just laid the tile in our bathroom today. It's so worth it...easy to say since our bath is much smaller than your kitchen! Hope you have a wonderful day and don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am putting those binding clips on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!