Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy February :)

Well February is coming in a bit cool and quite windy here on Florida's east coast....

I have a wonderful drawing my daughter did over the weekend I wanted to share with you...
The actual art is made with little dots of ink with an uber fine tipped pen... then a touch of color can be added in the same way... I just love this.. it measures about 5 x 7 maybe a bit larger and is a project she did for her French class :)

Also I have completely left sewing out here...
For sewing in my new Sewing Room!
I do all my hand quilting outside still though.. that won't change I doubt as I love being outside in Florida most all year long!

I was very happy with my valance finish last month... so I decided to start early this month and have a finish myself!!!
This silly wall hanging started early in October 2014 with a pile of vintage fabrics I had collected through an eBay adventure (I bought a estate sale bundle of 1980's cottons... great stash builder )..... and some vintage white cotton and bought that great vintage machine fabric to encircle it all ...
My honey made the templates the pattern called for out of this wood and they rotary cut excellently!

Well this was started to let me rest my hands during a long process so the need to hand quilt again was strong and after a few "stars" were made I set it aside to quilt more on the project with a deadline...

Finally I have a finish though... and although it is February 2 and Punxsutawny Phil saw his shadow... so the forecast (if you buy into that) is more cool weather! 

Here are a few more shots of the wall hanging in place...

And the stencils I used to get all the cool designs on this wall hanging...


It has been a fun journey but one I was definitely ready to finish up!!
 I added my label and dated it with a Pigma pen... I used 100% wool Hobbs Tuscany batting and love the texture it leaves behind with all the quilting I did on this piece...

So here it is now at a bit of a distance...

Hope whatever you have plan for February comes true!








5 comments:

  1. I think your wall hanging turned out beautiful! and that drawing your daughter did is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great drawing! So much talent. The wall hanging turned out great and looks super above the phone table. Doesn't it feel great to finish a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous drawing! She's an artist, just like her mama! Your wall hanging turned out so well ... love the texture from the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter has talent!! Talent must run deep in your family! Love the wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!