Sunday I shared my progress on sewing down the binding on this valance... well it was tricky .. but watching and reading the links I posted HERE really did help me do a GREAT job on the valance binding.
THIS video by Bonnie Browning with AQS to make my sleeve...
Once washed and dried my honey promptly put it on the rod and held it up in place and it was magical for that moment! Now I want to share my new valance for under $40 using only batting scraps from my stash... all else was purchased new from Wanda at Old South Fabrics... an online Moda fabric shop I LOVE! Check here out HERE if you are looking for fast shipping... great service and great prices!
Here is a view of that side of the room from a broader perspective...
So for the record... here is the valance....
It measures now about 57" long (was 62" before washing) and hangs about 19". I used Aurifil thread for this.. 50 wt for piecing.. 28 wt for the machine and hand quilting I did on this cute valance!
I used Moda fabrics exclusively as well... I did add 3 charms from my stash so it stayed a true charmer ;) This valance features Moda's Sunnyside Charms by Kate Spain and Bella Solid Grey (I bought 3 yards and have 1/2 yard left over that I will use on the banner! Yippee!!)
I am very happy with this valance & my binding... I used a double binding cut cross grain as specified in my blog post noted above. There are no pulls or distortions in any of the binding that I noted after washing and drying was done.
If I did this project over I would not change a thing... except I wouldn't get a sore tooth in the midst of it! ha !!!
For all the machine and hand stitches in this finish I am linking to Freemotion on the River HERE :)
Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's bee Social HERE :)
Kelly with Needle and Thread Thursday HERE :)
Thanks for following along and until my next post...