Sunday, January 25, 2015

Slow Stitching Weekend :)

My normal quilting interests and time devoted to actual quilting has been low the last couple weeks since I got sick.. even though I am now fully recovered it was only this weekend that my mojo for being quilty came back... yes I finished the valance.. but I just wasn't as stoked about that awesome finish as I should been.  But I am back now  and OVER Halfway around the outer border of this wall hanging!!!!
I have a stencil for the clamshell border... each clam shell is about 2" on this stencil and it marks very easily with white chalk called Pounce Powder and the Pounce applicator.  Have you used this before??  You do NOT pounce it actually you swipe it to apply the powder from the applicator... using a very firm hand to press as you swipe.

There is a great Youtube video Leah Day does for this product and how I learned to use it properly. :)

I have lots of things going on in the background as I hand quilt... I am making a special banner for my honey and a baby quilt for my first grandbaby to come in May!  So follow along so you don't miss anything!

Linking this awesome Slow Stitching progress to Kathy's Quilts HERE

Have a blessed Sunday :)  I am glad to be back to Relaxin' & Enjoyin'


9 comments:

  1. A grandbaby in May? Well congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! I'm here to tell you that being a grandma is the best thing!

    And I'm equally excited that you've gotten your quilting juices flowing again! That border will finish up quickly now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you are going to have a grandbaby in May. The quilting is looking just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaah . . . grandbabies are life changers! Congrats on having your first!! I love the fabric in your wall hanging -- very cute! Glad to hear you're feeling better, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grands are the best! Your making real progress on your wall hanging. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you need to get started making a baby quilt. So glad you are beginning to feel better - did you have the flu that is getting so many? it takes awhile to get your strength back from that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a grand baby on the way... so exciting!
    Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is great. I am wondering if the chalkiness gets on your fingers and needle when you are stitching through it? I am
    "thinking " doing some hand stitching on projects and I get sweaty fingers and can't use a thimble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have the quilting mojo back! Mine goes occasionally and I get engrossed in reading or knitting or crochet for a bit but it always comes back! Congrats on the baby news. Can't wait to see what you have planned. I just got some really old quilting magazines sent to me - there was a really neat one with a rocking horse in the middle. I'll try and take a picture tomorrow for the blog of them and that baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May will be here before you know it! Hope you got lots of stitching done today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!