Friday, May 23, 2014

It's Friday and I am Happy Dancin'!

Hello my bloggy friends... Hope you have had a STUPENDOUS week!

I have been super busy listing and selling stuff still on eBay but also making progress with the MAN quilt!

Happily I can report I finished block #2 on the bottom of this pic to the right Thursday morning and have already gotten over 1/4 of the LAST BLOCK done!  Yip Yip Yippee!!!

I am really enjoying this last swirly block as I call the blocks of this quilt... and if you look at the pic you can see I still have 1/2 of a feather to do.

But all of a sudden this quilt... that I started hand quilting on Christmas Eve and marks as the most intricate quilting design I have done yet... has become fun again!  Yahooo :)



I plan on enjoying this last block and feather combo and then bind and sew down the binding to seal those exposed edges.. then come back and complete some straight line quilting so all this hard work will show off.. and the edge border needs done.. it is straight line too... a chain :)

Soon .. very soon!  I can see this quilt being done and gifted!  I am so excited for me and the recipient!!!! lol

If you are in the market for a Singer Featherweight or other vintage sewing machine check out these 2 beauties on eBay! 
1950's Vintage Japanese Clone ~ Sews through anything you can needle through!

Vintage Singer Featherweight 221-1 with case and attachments!
Vintage is ALL I sew on if I use a machine in the first place! You can do the servicing mainly yourself once it has been professionally done... and my honey does just that Professional Servicing of vintage machines :)  He greases and oils all the spots and crevices according to the machine's needs and then sews up a storm on them to get them well lubricated. :)  Metal parts don't degrade if cared for and these machines were built to last... instead of sending them to a landfill.. use what has already been manufactured for your sewing needs!  Just my humble opinion on the subject!  HA! :)

Linking up this Happy Friday post to Confessions of a Fabric Addict here WHOOP!  She is sharing a helpful tip that made her Whoop this week :)  Check it out!

Will be back tomorrow for a catch up for real on everything... so stay tuned to a weekend post just for all of you my readers :)  Is there anything you want to know or a question you may have?  Ask and an answer may be forthcoming in a future blog post! :D




4 comments:

  1. Love the black featherweight. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo! You are just rocking on the quilting. Congrats and enjoy all those tiny stitches this weekend in the hot, hot weather we will have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love vintage too! My current sewing machine I'm doing all the job, is over 100 yo Singer, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!