Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Perfect card... an online shopping review!

Okay, I don't like shopping in stores because I just don't do crowds and the flourescent lighting is yucky too... so I shop from my computer a lot...


My mom is turning almost a new decade and to finish up this one I wanted to find her a special card :)  Online I went looking for something unique... finally I just googled "69 birthday card" and found this darling card!
clicked the link from the image and found myself shopping online at a new service Target is offering called Greeting Card Universe here! *

Once I had approved the card and was ready to purchase it for $3.50 (average cost of a greeting card and NO SHOPPING FOR THAT PERFECT needle in a haystack card ~ I had found it online!)  but there was a discount of $.50 if I bought 2... well my niece had just had a birthday and I missed it with my silly forgetfulness... so I got this one that is personalizable for her!
It is the same colors she decorated with at her Birthday Party back in Tennessee!  Love that!

Now they said the images would have a white border around them as they are printed in the photo department... I wanted nice cards but loved these designs... so gambled on what the finished product would look like....

Well... here they are!

They came with envelopes and the clerk even gave me an extra one in case I messed one up :)

Here are the insides of each card respectively...
 And the back... looks like I store bought these cards... not photo print but def GREETING CARD stock quality :)

Overall I am mongo happy abou this purchase and plan to look here FIRST in the future... $3.00 each... paid for on pick up within an hour after purchase!  That totally rocks :)

Do you think this is a service you would try next time you need a greeting card?

Would love to hear what you think about my style of shopping for that "perfect" card :)

* ~ this is my unbiased 2 cents on this card purchase... I was not given any special discounts for writing about it :)



3 comments:

  1. I AM NOT MUCH FOR CARD GIVING SO I PROBABLY WOULD NEVER USE IT. I DO NOT CARE FOR ONLINE SHOPPING UNLESS IT IS SOMETHING I HAVE BOUGHT BEFORE. I AM TO MUCH OF AN EXPERIENTIAL PERSON. I LIKE TO TOUCH AND FEEL, SOMETIMES SMELL THINGS I BUY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume that these cards are printed at Target in the photo department and that you then pick them up at the store? Alas, the nearest Target with a photo department is 45 minutes away. But it might be worth looking into for the next time we make a road trip that direction. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 69 birthday card. I may consider for a special personalized card, however, I like to read and touch cards when I am choosing one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!