Saturday, December 7, 2013

The MAN quilt top is complete!!!

So now that I have finished putting THE MAN quilt top together... I can say I have learned a lot... this is my 10th quilty creation and I feel more confident!!!

Here is the bottom half of the quilt completed...
 And here is the whole glorious quilt top ready for sandwiching :)
overall size now is 70 x 83 inches
 First of all.. it looks good but there was a lot of fitting things into place that took place on the back of this quilt top... I did fix any seams that got turned wrong so it irons easily.  I have a friend who is gonna post a different way to sew on cornerstones with sashing early next year... I will blog about that and link you to her blog in case you have an upcoming project including sashing with cornerstones :)

Secondly, I am overall pleased with all my effort and even though my square in a squares wound up a little wonky (those are the bright blue squares) I have made peace with their ending not looking like square in a square at all... this was an ambitious pattern for me and overall I think I came out successful... the quilt top lays flat and has not bulges or saggy spots :)

Finally... here are some of the stencils I am waiting on to start the quilting... 



You can see this will be a time intensive quilt to stitch but well worth the effort!  My honey is very excited about the MAN QUILT!

While I have been sewing on my wonderful Fiona... my honey has been decorating the front of the house for Christmas :)


Isn't it all so festive!  I love the soldier guarding our front door :)

Season's Greetings!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was fast! I can't wait to see which pattern you choose ... and to see your progress.

    I got my Christmas ornaments done today - so I can get back to hand quilting tomorrow!! Woo hoo!

    Sounds like we both had great sewing days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!