Sunday, December 29, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday!

What a week this has been... are you ready to greet 2014???  I have updated my blog cover with some fave pics that get taken over the Season... sometimes the only time I can get a pic of my grown kids! lol...

Today is about slow stitching... how I plan to spend New Years too!  Slow stitching... this project will keep me busy for at least 2 more months... you see I am hand stitching a queen sized throw for my honey... we call it THE MAN quilt right now..  here it is in flimsy state...
And now I am 6 feathers and 4 cornerstones quilted in here...
I am using Aurifil 28/2 Mako cotton thread in a steel gray and my stitches really show off... my honey likes that :)  The back is nice and smooth... and the pins are stabilizing the yet to be quilted blocks.

I am 12% finished with this part of the quilting... still to do when that is finished in a month or so are the blocks and finally the border... :)

Slow stitching is my fave part... but there are many parts to quilting.. what is your fave part???

Have a blessed slow stitching Sunday... and my honey is gonna enjoy the FREE score we found on Craigslist while I am slow stitching!
A van full of plywood... about 8 full sheets and several long pieces then some fatter pieces.. just lots to create and build with... maybe new kitchen cabinets??? We shall see!

Linking to:
Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday here

Have a blessed Sunday!
 


12 comments:

  1. Your stitches do show up nicely with the steel gray thread. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to comment :) I am loving the sheen of the Aurifil thread but it does knot if you aren't careful! lol Kathi

      Delete
  2. You are the Queen of Craigslist! Of course it helps to have a handy honey. ;-)

    My favorite part of quilting is the quilting ... slow and steady, needle in and out of the fabric, watching the patterns take shape ... what's not to love about that? ;-)

    Wishing you and yours a very blessed 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitches look lovely ! Enjoy your Sunday! :)

    My favorite would be the quilting part, though I am enjoying applique very much lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my quilting mentor coming to teach me applique this summer... very excited for that...but happy to be hand quilting once again for now :) Kathi

      Delete
  4. Your stitches look wonderful so far! What a great looking man quilt, I think your husband definitely deserves ones, he seems so handy. Love that you are able to salvage what others don't need, so much better than things going to the landfill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you what my least favorite part is and is the cutting gout of the little pieces. I always mix up 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 and the likes. I am such a dufus at times. I love your quilting and you are a strong gal to be quilting in a darer thread. you are doing a beautiful job and I really like the pattern. Immediately saw the John Deere corner blocks. We live out in the boonies and all we see are green JD tractors. Great haul from Craig’s List. Can’t wait to hear and see what your husband creates. Happy New Year. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genie.. funny you say how difficult it is to get your measurements right before you cut... this quilt was supposed to be a completely different pattern... but ended up being this pattern instead because I cut wrong and read the pattern wrong... so I winged it! lol Kathi

      Delete
  6. I love the quilting in your sashing! Love love love! I would like to try a design like that... is it hard? Is it a stencil or are you freehanding?
    Thanks so much for being a regular contributor to Slow Sunday Stitching!
    Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my blog post here:
      http://designoriginalsbykc.blogspot.com/2013/12/marking-quilt-top.html
      for more on how I got the feathers on the fabric to then quilt... :) I love your blog esp on Sundays but ever post you share is fun for me to read! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful stitching! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!