Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finally back to stitching!

Wow!  I haven't written since Sunday!  Hope you like the grainy blog header but I wanted something Christmassy and everything I have made I can't post there yet! lol 

It turned into quite a busy week and not much time for quilting really til yesterday... then I zipped through one side of the cozy
here is the cozy Wednesday ... not quite half done yet!
 I am working on for Fiona to sit on in the cabinet being fashioned for her by my honey for my Christmas present... Fiona was my Christmas present to me! lol
Here she is trying out her new case... the base if finished but the red oak we got hasn't been stained yet... I chose a mahogany stain with a contrasting honey oak for the larger flat parts you don't see there yet :)  Soooo excited about this!!!

Here is the cozy/rug this morning after some early morning stitching!
Note the left side is marked but yet to be stitched... I better hurry! lol

Close up of stitches :)
You can read more about how I designed this cozy for my tabletop machine here.

Meanwhile I patiently wait for the stencils to be delivered for my honey's quilt.  It is ready to be marked and sandwiched.. patiently waiting hanging neatly over some soft backed dining room chairs :)
 And I did squeeze in some time sewing with my dd :)  She is the mastress of buttonholes on that Janome machine I don't like but she LOVES!  Yipee :) 
So what is on your Christmas list... do you buy your own gifts???  Do you give of your time or money to help others less fortunate???  How do you celebrate for you???  Would love to hear!!!


1 comment:

  1. I just love your hand stitches on this. Wonderful. My gift to myself was a whole roll of warm and natural batting! I may put a bow on it and pop it near the tree on Christmas morning. I also participated in the stuff your stocking at my local quilt shop this year. I can't wait to play with some new goodies after Christmas. Maybe I should warn hubby to buy himself some gifts too this year =).
    I usually try and adopt a kid or family around Christmas. Last year I did donate 4 twin size quilts to a needy family my sister works with. I hope to finish quilting my second one this month so I can give two away this year as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!