Friday, November 29, 2013

How do you spend the day after Thanksgiving??

Yesterday I finally decided on a quilt design for the project I am working on for this table topper...

do you like this one...
or this one???
 While we pondered the two ideas... the first being my daughters idea:) ... we enjoyed a hearty meal that we had never tried called Chicken Divan... yummy!  With pecan pie for dessert!  Double yummy :)

Today the kids are all with friends or napping and I am quilting... and my honey is working on my "new to me" sewing machine!
And I am sewing these with a backstitch instead of a running stitch.. what do you think of this angel ?
The tension is a bit tight but I have adjusted that for the second one.. and pinned the area a bit more for stability...

I obviously have more talent with a needle and thread than I do with a pen... but they will love it and use it I hope and not laugh at my angelic attempt! Ha! 

You see this is for my brother who is married to a lovely girl and they have 4 kids :)  Lots of wrestling going on with this table topper I bet!

 Here is a cute Thanksgiving funny someone posted on my fb page!  Thought I would share with you too!

Have a lovely weekend.  And try to make some time for you this weekend!  You are worth it :)

So how do YOU spend the day after Thanksgiving???



3 comments:

  1. I usually spend the Friday after just relaxing, reading and eating turkey sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nosotros no celebramos esta fiesta,
    así que es un viernes normal y con frió propio del invierno
    buen fin de semana
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those angels are so cute. Since we're spending the holiday with my in-laws and are someplace that actually has stores in town, we did a little shopping later in the day. Mostly we've just been enjoying spending time with family that we don't get to see very often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!