Thursday, October 17, 2013

Progress to WHOOP about :)

We have had a very productive and busy week around here and I am so excited to share it all with you... :)

I am about 75% done with the quilt til the binding goes on... there is still more stitching to do but I am quilting completely on the borders and gonna finish filling in the colored areas I decided to quilt to be DONE with it... so here is a pic or two :)


You see my honey is in a hurry to be snuggling under this quilt... so he is rushing my handwork.  I compromised by not rushing... just doing things in a bit of a different order...

This quilt has definitely been an adventure but I LOVE LOVE LOVE where
it is taking me right now and we are gonna use this quilt like crazy VERY soon!










He helped me pose these cute yard ornaments that just can't take the Florida heat so we keep them in our Florida room... I thought I could share them with you... aren't the bee and the ladybug cute as can be???













Here is a close up of the work I am doing... marking a little and stitching a little ... going pretty fast really!
And I found a love note the other day... my honey LOVES ME!
And a peek at the back of the quilt... with a bit of the chevron showing across the top :)

The front door make over is making progress... but errands and other things have been calling us away... so far he has sanded the door and put 2 coats of paint on it plus done some other work I don't pretend to understand! lol


You can still see 2 colors... so my honey says a couple more coats should give us a more even finish we are going for :)

I haven't started the hand piecing yet and my honey will continue to work on the front door area as time allows... as for today... we have a clean car!  My honey washed it top to bottom!  Yipee :)

We also scored some really nice wire shelving for VERY cheap on craigslist so my honey is making room for that to go in as well.

Have a blessed weekend... this is linking up to Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict here!
AND Karen at Sew Many Ways here!

Kathi


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your quilt and quilting....I love hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!