Friday, September 20, 2013

Whoop! Whoop! My exciting week :)

Hope you are having a happy end of the week and planning a fun fall weekend... Fall is official in just a couple days!  Temperatures a cooling a bit on Florida's east coast and quilting is in full bloom... along with my back yard :)

I finished quilting and sent this quilt to it's owner.  She recieved it Tuesday :)
Here it is in full view :)
And here is a close up of the quilting on it... fairly heavily hand quilted :)

She loves it and is sleeping under it as I write this :)  Yipee!  Whoop!

Wanna know the specifics on this quilt???  Check out this post :)

So what is next???

I started on my "sister quilt" as it has a sister ... me and my bestie Connie made quilt tops together this summer and now I am quilting mine and she is also quilting hers... both by hand :)  Whoop!  She is almost done with her quilting and I just started mine... they both have lots of love being sewn into them... read more on this quilt here.
And finally... I took a little shopping trip to JoAnn's... got me lots of fun colors of hand quilting thread by Coats & Clark... YLI just doesn't have enough color selection and this is my second fave thread ...
I plan to use the lighter blue/teal on this quilt in all the white spots... follow along and see what happens :)

Planning to link this finish up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict here & Richard and Tanya Quilts here  & Sew Many Ways here :)
Hope you have a great weekend...

Kathi




2 comments:

  1. Very nice quilting and nice quilt. You put a lot of work into it and it shows! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I have not attempted hand quilting yet. I guess I am too anxious to see my finished project. Your quilt is lovely! Thanks for sharing it! (I found you via Sew Many Ways link.)
    Enjoy your Creative Day!
    ~Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!