Friday, August 9, 2013

What has been going on around here! Whoop !!!

I get one whoop today for reaching the SECOND  corner of the quilt I am hand quilting... it is a quilt a friend of mine had in the depths of her closet until she recently finished it and we pin basted it and for over a month now I have been handquilting to get to this point....
So this quilt will have 2 labels... this is one showing when it was started and by whom... she only wanted her first name on it :)  I plan to put my name and the year I finish quilting it (hopefully 2013!).

Meanwhile we have changed the kitchen a bit and have taken out part of the wall leading into the kitchen.. really opened it up to the house more...

Also we have taken down the wallpaper in the main bath and my honey is currently working on the drywall and mudding that needs to be done before the kids are let loose to paint it!  Yay :)

Hope you have a blessed weekend ... what do you have to whoop about ???

Kathi

6 comments:

  1. veo mucha actividad en tu casa
    buen fin de semana
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathi you're always so busy!!! beautiful quilt, can't wait to see the finished product!!

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely hand quilt design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty quilt...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are a ton of things to be thankful for. I've had a few craft related this week.

    I won a nice GC at DTGD from MFT.
    I'm swanky stamper at TCP, you should play along.
    Ill be guest sneak peaking at TCP later this month.
    I did wash all my walls down in my entire house 2 weeks ago, so that's an accomplishment.
    And I joined the chicks with paper power tolls blog group:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read all your posts but am only commenting here. The quilt is gorgeous! You do such beautiful work. I admire you for all your patience.
    Glad that Brandi's meds are working. She is so precious. The orange dress is really pretty on her. Pretty dress for a pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!