Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Aloe... they are orange today!

Hello bloggy friends!  I have a great show for you today thanks to my ever blooming aloe vera... check it out!
and if that isn't enough... check out this close up!
The blooms are just dangling but when I google a aloe vera blooming they stand out right so hummingbirds can eat their nectar!  So it still has some maturing to go I think.

My honey has been securing our fence that was just put up in January... we had it done because he was so busy around the house and it is hard labor and we didn't have any dependable help then... now he is sorry we did... there was 1 yes ONE screw holding the fence to the house :(  So he fixed it :D

I have been quilting and letting others do a little of the housework while I piece... here is what I am looking at... I have about 6 more blocks to make :)
I will be having a tutorial on this particular double pinwheel block in the next few days...

Have you decided if you wanna quilt????

All you need is a needle, good thread (even Walmart carries Coats & Clark quilters weight thread), fabric you like to look at and a block you want to make... or blocks if you want a sampler style quilt... if you are new to quilting let me know.. I can help you out.

If you are new to quilting and want to give it a go check out the vids on qnntv.com of the show Quilty with Mary Fons of Fons and Porter fame... she is Marianne's daughter and a wonderful teacher for newbys :)

Hope to see you over at Patchwork Friends on facebook!

Have a blessed day!

Kathi

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!