Monday, April 22, 2013

The quilt top is going postal!

This pic....
is my daughter's quilt top completed!!!!  It is going postal today Connie says... she is shipping it Priority USPS so hopefully I will have it by Thursday!  Here is a better view of the design she appliqued....

In the mean time I can now make the backing by sewing it together to make a 70" x 70" square for the backing. 
I have the cotton batting that will be the sandwich middle.  Yay!

My fingers are begging to quilt!  Just have to get some thread and maybe a new needle for this hefty project and be motivated to "git er done on steroids" as my bff Pam says :)  We think Brandi's surgery will be in June... so I have just over a month to quilt a 64" x 64" quilt for her :)  May be working on it while she is in surgery if my fingers weren't so ready! lol

Meanwhile my oldest son and friend DL had a few friends over for the weekend :)
they played "Garage Band"and his friend Dan video taped them!  iPhones rock!

DL with his cool guitar!

His friend Brad jamming!
And me and my honey went to the beach... a couple of times :)

the water felt good!  Not cold at all ;)

All in all a good weekend was had by all...

What is on your list of things to do this week... before May comes?

Can you believe May 1 is next week!  I can't but I am glad.  My daughter gets insurance May 1 so we will see how everything plays out.  Your prayers here are coveted.
A drawing my daughter did from beginning to end over the weekend... she did another too even more intricate but she took it to school to show her teacher.. :)  More for next time!

Have a blessed day and thanks for visiting!

Kathi





3 comments:

  1. The quilt is turning out gorgeous! The picture your daughter made is definetly a masterpiece worth framing! And let's just say the beach, I'm JELEOUS! Just kidding!! It does look wonderful. Which beach is that? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!