Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The quilt in progress.. and a secret!

Well... at the bequest of the graphic designer of the dolphins on this quilt I am hand quilting... I took a pic of the dolphins already quilted... check them out!
I have been watching lots of vids while I quilt...

I have learned how to make homemade glimmer mists, texturing paste and how to incorporate the 3d effect in paper crafting.  Here is a tutorial to get you on the right track if you are interested in Swirlydoo's and a recipe for texture paste with a project!

Is there a topic you would like to know more about or a question you have I can research and post about??? Leave me a comment and I will feature YOUR QUESTION/TOPIC on my blog :)

Quilting is slow but sure... Currently I have quilted all the dolphins and some of the blocks are stitched... there are about 140 blocks to stitch "in the ditch" style all over the quilt base.  I am about 1/4 done with it and have worked on it quite a bit.

I have really been inspired by a new (to me anyway) facebook page called especially for hand quilters.  If you want to see some awesome work check out this post!

And the secret is .. do you know what a "humility block" is???

It is an Amish tradition to put in a "mistake" on purpose on a quilt to remember only God is perfect... somewhere when I show a full pic of the quilt you will see a humility block in it.

I have given you hints ... happy hunting!

Have a blessed day!

Kathi

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The quilt is looking terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You are doing great work on this quilt and you have a lot more patience than I would have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!