Sunday, April 7, 2013

In the middle...

of a lot of projects right now on this glorious Sunday... how about you???
our 15 year old ~ Capo (said Kaypoe) ~ like you use on a guitar :)
Dolphin Quilt update....
my daughter drew out the dolphins on some butcher paper I had gotten as packing in the mail once and saved because it seemed useful!  It was :)  The drawing was received by my friend Connie who is fashioning the quilt top to my daughters specifications...
Here is her quilting studio set up and ready to go...
I found her the "quilts" sign on the wall as a early birthday gift!  Isn't it perfect???
And this is what she sent back as her inspiration to applique the dolphins...
But Brandi's dolphin's will be white with light grey on a black and lime green brick background.  I am sooo excited about this project and that my Bestie Connie is willing to do the quilt top as her skill is nothing short of AMAZING!  And her dd is a fine arts major and is helping with the dolphin design too!  Yahoo... God does provide :)

Also on my desk is my cross stitch project.... this is where I am...
and this is what it will be when I am finished...

right now I just have the light yellow on the left side of the saying... but I think God has planned time for me to be inspired to work on this... we shall see... as for now I work on it a little but it is still in the very early stages as you can see...

Finally, aside from everyday things I am making a Disney Cruise mini album for my brother and his family of 6 going on their second Disney Cruise next spring!  Here is my bro and his family...
An Easter pic they took!  Aren't they all just beautiful people!!!

So far I am on the second video... just finishing it here... about how to put the cover of the album together and here is my progress so far...



I now have the binding done and am working on the inside covers... so more to come soon on this project as I am actively working on it.

Meanwhile my honey and I are trying to decide on a color of paint for our bathroom....
Our vision is whitewashed beadboard bottom and painted top for a clean and tidy look.  There is existing dove gray tile in the shower and bathtub that we aren't removing on this part of the reno... just updating and making the fixtures all match.  It had wallpaper up which had to come down...
And then deciding on a paint color....
too light... clashes with the gray....
mmmm.... just right... called vault blue from Lowe's Valspar Signature series... love their paint!

Next up you will see the whitewashed trim come in and the fixtures go up... I hope... they are gorgeous!  Love the lights for our bathroom :)

So are you in the middle too??? Or are you a mission complete phase or planning phase... love to hear what YOU are up to!

Have a blessed week!

Kathi







1 comment:

  1. Great photos. I'm in awe of all the projects you're doing. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!