Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cheers for a happy crafty week!

Hello my crafty friends.  After having a marathon quilting couple of weeks I am ready for a backseat job now... lol!  So as I showed you at the end of my last post... I started a LARGE cross stitch project.  It should take a while as cross stitching isn't a marathon sport!  lol

Above is where I am looking at from the picture.... and below is what I am cross stitching.
The secret to a pretty picture is to always do your "x"'s in the same direction and it will be a masterpiece!



Here is a look closer up at the one color I am working on right now... in one section around the word "simple"....
While I am cross stitching my honey has been working on the electrical in our house updating the plugs and switches to white ones.  He also has been tuning up and using a lawn mower we found on craigslist :D
And finally... nothing like spoiling yourself a little when your teenage kids don't appreciate you other than some retail therapy!!! lmbo 
So I got a new wallet and some material to make an ironing board cover with!  Isn't it fun fabric...on both of them :)  The wallet is Vera Bradley Midnight Blues... LOVE and the fabric I got at a local quilt shop on the cheap :)

Have a blessed day and thanks for visiting!

Kathi





1 comment:

  1. So glad you got some new projects going! Now, I saw seahorses on the new ironing board cover, but did I also see Mermaid hair? :D

    Alicia Joy
    ajoyworthhaving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!