Saturday, March 9, 2013

A quilting we will go!

Quilting ... quilting ... quilting!

I have 8 squares out of 25 quilted now and I am really getting excited :)  I am also reaching out to the edges making it easier to sew... more room to sew anyway!

So here are a few pics of some quilt blocks before they were quilted on the machine....

Spiderman was a last minute add to this quilt but has always been a fun hero to my son and my son loves Bob Marley but the tshirt was eclectic like he is and had pics all over it so I fussy cut them down to 6 1/2" squares, stabilized them... and sewed them together to make one big quilt block :)

Here are a couple pics with quilting on them... still can't see much... but check out the back!

Can you see the quilting now?  The white lines are my basting threads and I still haven't cut off the strings from the back... I am meticulous about them and do that at the end :)

And now that I have caught you up... see what is new in our set up of the living room... just a peek!
We are still tweeking so no official pics yet... just this teaser!  And I have to make my mom something for her birthday to add to what I have already made... so more paper craftiness is coming :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathi


2 comments:

  1. WOW!!Thats AWESOME(Quilt)!!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. great progress on the room!! and WOW on your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!