Friday, February 22, 2013

Play Along Challenge Accepted!

Play along challenge you say???

That is right... grab something to drink and spend a few minutes with me if you will.

I want to tell you about a facebook page I found... okay two fb pages :)

The first one is for scrapbook and cardmaking supplies and her name is Theresa and her fb page is called The Royal Castle Shoppe.  If you are on fb you can find her here.  Super fast shipping and shop via Paypal.  She sells stuff you need to make stuff you LOVE!!!  And some paper thrown in now and then too...

The next one is this cool group that is rapidly growing called Play Along you can find it here.  It is run by Janis at Pause, Dream, Enjoy blog a and is just a place to accept challenges... like I will show you I did today! lol and help inspire you by just looking at all others have done... no pressure to join challenges or be a perfect artist.  It is a place to make meaningful projects and share tutorials and vids about projects with each other.

So they have several challenges going on... one is ending next week but a couple are still open and I am working on them.  One is make a set of cards and a box to coordinate with them.  Sounds easy right?  Well the box gave me fits!  But I ended with something I am proud of so I won't bore you with the long story... just lots of fun pics :)
sorry this one is blurry!
this is for a realtor who helped out my bff Brandy :)
this is the inside of that card :)

this is the sew stamper I used to make the XOX here and the faux cross stitch above :)
I made the K cool like that by dipping it first in pink and rolling gently the edges in light grey... then added glitz glitter gel!

 So you know me... blabbermouth that has to tell all sins like it is confession time :)  But truly some of the designs spoke for themselves on this... I certainly didn't think I would make a card for Brandy's realtor in this bunch!  These are all destined otherwise for my mom on her birthday :)  She is a huge cardgiver and will use these up in a hurry I bet!

My congrats card I am entering in ABC Challenges and Paper Playtime!  I used all CTMH products on the cards and box except for 2 pieces of 6 x 6 Doodlebug dp that is the pops of color in the cards and the envelope on the box :) 

Hope you find something creative to do this weekend... as for me... I am spending time with my bff Pam and her hubby and making some cards with Tamra!  AND my desk is somewhat clean!  Yay :)  Next up are some organization vids and finishing the cards I got from Wendy for all of you!  Then another Play Along challenge :)  A book... if you have time this weekend check out all the vids on making a cool mini album with paper bags and paper in your stash from "My Sisters Scrapper".  She is on youtube if you can't find her blog :)  Happy Hunting!  (get it... Easter is coming ... hehe)

Great blog candy was mailed out this week too.  Can't wait for Amy to get it!  I love it when I can give away blog candy to such a great audience :)

Last but not least... the foyer has a new tile floor that is dry curing at present.  According to my honey it will be good to go while we are making memories this weekend!  Pics to come on my next Casa Del Loro post :)  Have a blessed weekend and thanks for reading :)

Kathi

13 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose - adorable set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your cards KC - but especially the one for our stitched up challenge - very nice job :o) Thanks so much for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kathi they turned out so well, you did a great job on them. Love the embossing too

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful, Kathi! What a great set of cards, I love these colors together. They look so soft and pretty. The sew stamper is really neat! Thanks for joining us this week at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great set of cards, I really like the embossed background and the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us over at ABC Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your cards and box set! They all turned out wonderfully! Thank you so much for playing with us at PLAY ALONG! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your post over @ Sew Many Ways. Love your work!
    crosson5blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards!! I love the embossing that you did and colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Playtime! I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just updating the Feline Playful challenge blog and I saw you were a winner, congrats to you! You really did do an amazing job on these and I'm glad you won :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very BEAUTIFUL!!Congrats to you on yor win at Paper playtime!!
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!