Monday, January 7, 2013

Making a sympathy card for someone near and dear is hard...

Hello my bloggy friends.  Do you ever have the occasion to make a specific card for a specific person or family that NEEDS to be done yet you find because of the emotion attached to the project it is difficult to complete?  Am I making any sense at all???

Here is the situation.  My brother and his wife recently lost a baby at 10 weeks gestation.  It was very difficult for all of us.  I could have sent them flowers as she LOVES gerber daisies... but I know as the card maker I should make her something special... I say her but it is something for the family!

So I started out with my desk looking something like this...
I really liked the patterned paper with the pops of orange yellow and light blue!  I thought it would be a cheery card... then I saw a vid on how to make a 3d butterfly and thought a butterfly would be the perfect thing for a card for this specific occasion... so off I went to cut out my gypsy created inspiration card pieces and the paper messed up ... it was all good I had another piece... it messed up on a different mat!  UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!  Okay... at this point I stopped and prayed and ....

It all got better... I picked out new paper that still had pizzazz but was more toned down and I think more appropriate for the occasion...
and turned it into 2 "s-fold" cards!  I used the cricut and the Art Philosophy and Gypsy Wanderings carts!  It was super fun and easy after I took a minute to pray and everything cut out perfectly!
So when you get downhearted... do what this Bible verse says.... and Trust in the Lord!
Isn't it nice when a deed you do for someone else winds up being a blessing for yourself!

Hope you find something good to share in your day!  I would love to hear a praise report :)

I am sharing this card on ABC Challenge blog ;)  They want CAS cards and this is as CAS as I get so I hope they accept it!  lol

Blessings!

Kathi




4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I'm sure your brother and his family will love such a pretty card and your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very lovely and thoughtful.My prayers are with your family.Thanks for leaving me bloggie love.I appreciate it so much.
    Sending bloggie love to you,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet and pretty, Aunt Kathy. I know they'll love it so much and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    Love,
    Alicia Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...I'm so very sorry to hear of their loss. It is hard making a sympathy card. I'm sure your card will be well received. It's very pretty!

    Thank you for playing along this week at ABC challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!