Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Card Kit Series ~ Post 1 of 5

I am going to do a series using a kit I bought from Wendy Coffman here!  I was so excited to get it and showed you the kit in the package here... but watch that flat paper come to life in this series!!!

The review on this kit overall is WONDERFUL!  The pieces came all cut and ready for me to stamp, embellish, and complete with one stamp set that I got also in the Whoo's your valentine set I bought from Wendy as well!  All this loveliness in one package must be completed soon... so to work I went!

First I followed Wendy's EXCELLENT directions with pics for each card and the card box... each post will feature one card or the card box to make the series of 5 ;)  Hope you enjoy this and see if there are more of these available if you are interested in playing along!  Wendy ROCKS!

The first card is a Valentines card that my daughter fell in love with... she picked the Valentine I would give to her when she saw this card!  lol

As I said in my previous post I got 2 kits thinking me and my daughter would do this together but she wasn't in the mood so she kept me company while I crafted 2 cards at a time... one with Wendy's suggestions and one I did with my own style injected!

Here is the card she designed and I put together...
 She instructed me to use chocolate ink on all my edges.. and I did do that some but I am more light and bright and less vintage in my style... here is a close up of the cute owls :)
 This card was cut with the Cricut Artiste cart and is called an "s" fold card... there are several designs on the cart with the heart being one of my faves :)
 And this is a lighter brighter version I made with the second card... I still inked but I used all different colors that brought out the pinks and blues in this card... and I got the owls stamped just as I liked them too!  This one is going to my daughter as she put the eyes on and feels a sense of ownership in this card... it is just waiting for me to write a sweet note in it!
 In my daughter's eyes the mommy owl is looking down on the baby owl protecting it and the baby owl is looking at the sun and adoring it and feeling safe.  That is what she said!  She cracks me up with how she makes a story!
 The kit comes with Glitz Glitter Gel in 2 colors for embellishing your cards and gift box... and as I said Wendy's directions and pictures are professional and spot on to replicate her work ... or do like I did and do your own thing a little bit!  Like popping up the little owl on the branch :)


Next on my desk is another card you will see tomorrow.. I am making one for a neighbor who suffered a loss in their cable supplying internet, tv, phone, and security system when our fence installer accidently sliced their cable.

Next up also is how to decorate my new FAVE wall in the house... the kitchen wall... it was this...
 and now it is this color... a creamy light peach!  My son's idea but he wanted a bolder peach.... I am happy with this peach with pops of brighter peach.... I thought a banner on the wreath would be cute ... what do you think????  The ceiling fixture is getting replaced with something silver or brushed nickel... in the meantime help me out please with ideas!
Don't forget about my giveaway.  There is still time to enter... for details click here!

Have a blessed day!

Kathi

2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks lovely...really like the new color you went with! We did a complete kitchen remodel in the fall...there are pics on blog if you go back to Oct. I love a pretty kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute cards. Its nice that you and Brandi can craft together. She has a good eye also.
    Good color for the kitchen! When I painted my kitchen I went with Fushia. Did it when DH wasn't home cause I knew he would never ok it. LOL
    Your home is lookin goooood

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!