Thursday, January 24, 2013

A designing dilemma and HAPPY MAIL!

Today I have a few things to share with you... grab a cup of something refreshing and visit for a bit ;)

First I want to share the mag I won on Kathy Martin's blog Card-Blanc.....

My very own copy of September 2012's Scrapbook Trends

Have you ever had one of these mags?  It is published by Northridge publishing and is a monthly publication with scrapbook, card, and tag ideas by the millions!!!!!  Truly it is 130 pages and maybe 20 are advertising... and blogs are listed so you can find a style you like and try them out as fresh ideas to try!  LOVE this mag!!!  I have been drooling over the pages of creative goodness for an hour or so before I could stop to write this post!  LMBO ;)

Also in the mail... yep, there is more!

Was an order I placed from  Pick your Plum.  I saw it recently featured on a blog.. now I see it frequently... but I initially saw it here at Craftaholics Anonymous ;)
They sent me my order of WASHI TAPE!!!!  and included a Laffy Taffy too!  Shipping was only $2.99 and each roll of the tape was only $1.50!  I spent less than $10 and got a huge smile!  Thanks Pick you Plum and Craftaholics Anonymous for turning me on to it... now I get email updates whenever they have an item at discount... about 3 times a week.  Shipping took 9 days and I got emails letting me know they got my payment.  Overall an A experience because shipping took a few extra days... but wow what a deal!  Have you heard of this company before???  Have you ordered from them ???  What was your experience like???

Before all the excitement of mail time I had started working on a card I wanted to make with scraps I had left over... and one sheet of paper from a stack that I felt went well with the whole card... but it was too teal.
So I added more of the light paper to try to get the card to jive...
but I really didn't like it so nothing is glued down... and that is why the K stamp is there... I wasn't sure the final design so I was unsure the ink I would use.

Finally after a shout out to my bff Joyce I came up with this...
The butterfly is 3D from heavy cardstock and I added wire while the glue was wet from making the butterfly 3D .. for the antenae.

I dry embossed the teal paper and used a Creative Memories fancy corner rounder for the striped paper... the inside is dressed up too!
And while I have been having all this fun Daisy has been begging for treats... every time her Daddy takes a break from fixing the wall in the kitchen!
See how smooth the wall is now... and no wall paper ... painting will begin tonite!!!  Yay :)

Have a blessed day and thanks for taking time for me!  I hope I have inspired you. 

Kathi






8 comments:

  1. A very Beautiful card!Great Goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun happy mail! Great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! And I love the washi you picked! How fun it will be to play with it! Glad you got your mag! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card making is a process isn't it. Your card is great. Love the butterfrly. I think that we will be seeing a valentine or two using that Washi tape. Nice selection of tapes. I have some and have yet to use any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! I love the colors you used and that beautful butterfly! I'm visiting from Sew Many Ways, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting from Sew Many Ways... I love that blog :) I am glad you enjoyed my blog while you were here and I truly appreciate you taking time to comment :) Kathi

      Delete
  6. I love the way your card turned out! The butterfly is a super addition to it.

    Have fun with the renos. It will be worth it when all is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butterfly is something I had designed a few days prior for another card but it didn't make that card... glad you like it! We are enjoying the reno process and making this house our home :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! Kathi

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!