Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Background Challenge Card!

Welcome from the Paper Cabana... if you didn't start there go check out our great challenge blog with prizes for each weeks winner... you have a week to make your themed project and this week is backgrounds!... I use a gypsy and a cricut and "carved" the pumpkin from Gypsy Wanderings with the coordinating shadow and put a cute ribbon on top and stamped a sentiment inside....  I love the chevron background paper and cut it smaller to show off the purple polkadot card base! Check it out!
This card would be perfect for Moxie Fab Worlds challenge for gallon quarter and pint card creating with orange as my gallon, black and white are quarters, and purple as my pint!  Too bad that is over but the concept still remains in designing :D

Inside I put two stamps together to make one sentiment that I wanted!  And yet here that background is again inside the card!  Love double sided cardstock!!!!
I inked the edges making it a little messy as it was slower drying pigment ink in black by Megan Elizabeth.  The paper was all Doodlebug Design and the ribbon on the pumpkin was from my stash and went with it excellently I think.

You can see the dimension better from this angle I think...

So think up a fun background and link it on our blog at the Paper Cabana!

Have a blessed week!  Kathi

17 comments:

  1. Very cute, Kathi! Looks like we're both fans of chevrons. This is the second time we've used similar designs/papers in the Paper Cabana challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Darling! I also LOVE how you displayed it! Gorgeous work! TFS! XXX~DigiDarla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Kathi. I like all the colors. Wonder what the pumpkin was thing to make him laugh. LOL

    Tried to e-mail you tonight, but my e-mail is down. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chevron paper, it's so neat looking! Super cute pumpkin card and I like the ribbon tied at the top of the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathi, your pumpkin card is adorable, love the expression on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally cute Kathi! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chevrons!! Thanks for playing with us at Hiding in my Craft Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! That polka dot ribbon is just the perfect extra touch. Makes her a girl pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card!! Love your color!! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!!
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun Halloween cards! Love your blog header. Did you make the cornucopia?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so lovely. :) I would love for you to share it at SHOW-licious Crafts. Just follow the link to the post. I love new friends/readers posting new ideas, sew fun!! www.sewlicioushomedecor.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that pumpkin! Thanks for playing along at HIMCR!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card! I love the chevron papers!
    Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR!!

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet, Kathi! I love the paper you cut your pumpkin out of, and that chevron background is great. Fabulous Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! I wanted to let you know your card was listed as a featured craft. If you would like to grab a button that says you were featured at my site the link is http://sewliciousdecor.wordpress.com/. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pumpkin card drew my attention from the first blog linked to Link it up Tuesday, and now I got an up close look at it.... It's SUPER cute and fun with the chevron and the spider paper shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR! Be sure and mention the challenge and link back to get entered into the giveaway!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I covet your thoughts. Have a blessed day!