Sunday, August 12, 2012

A CAS holiday card!

I think it is nice to have a winter holiday card in your collection that isn't strictly "Christmas"... So I made this card for a swap of Christmas time cards that are clean and simple.

It was pretty easy once I designed it... then I made 6 more!  So here is what I did to make this beautiful card :)

I knew I wanted to use one of my Sew Stamper heads for this and decided on the scalloped border one....

My friend got this for me for my birthday but they have them at most lss and at Paper Wishes too!

So I used the christmas tree paper as my inspiration and decided to use the one sheet for all 6 cards... now what to do but cut it into 6ths... use my sew stamper on the edges!  Easy peasy ... be careful with the pressure and practice first... it is good and inky though and you can emboss directly after stamping with it!  That is for a future tutorial maybe :)

Okay.. so once I stamped across the paper using my paper trimmer to keep my line straight as I rolled the scallop across the page...
I fussy cut the border with my awesome Tim Holtz scissors..
Then repeated that for 2 more strips... and cut those strips in half so you have 6 strips and barely any waste!  Yay!
I added this to dark green cs I had in my bin as my card base... then I used my CTMH Art Philophy Cart to cut out the tree and the banner in white daisy cs.  Finally I get to stamp some more...
With the coordinating stamps that come with the cart!  What a great investment that was :)

This is my process for making multiples... and I love the CTMH stamps come with their own base to stamp on... I use it for all my stamping now :)  Gives great image quality!

Finally time for ribbon and glue and then my favorite... Embellishing!!!!
 I used my Sakura Glitter pens and enjoyed myself and my honey while I doodled many of the white lines away!  I like that it is red and green but not completely traditional...

What do you think?  Would you like to get this card in a swap? 

Happy Creating!!!!

Kathi




2 comments:

  1. Super job on your card, love that tree paper and scallop border. Neat idea to use glitter pens! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really nice! I love the tree and designer papers you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!