Thursday, June 21, 2012

My first "card swap"

I have been lurking on split coast stampers for a few days and praying about getting involved with them as an outlet for more communication and interaction with others.  This is a goal of mine and I saw this as one way to step out into the world of trying new things at the same time!  Yay!

So yesterday I agreed to do the swap.  The deal is I make 6 cards that are alike.  They have to have 2 layers and 3 embellishments on them each.  I made 2 tonite then spilled a box of jewels so I stopped for the night but I will be dreaming about finishing those cards I think...

The fun of crafting is doing many things I think though and in that vein I have been gardening and cross stitching lately and have a couple things for you to see...

This is a side view of a great flower basket that my honey made for me.  We had leftover wood from rebuilding the back deck and he used the short pieces in a cool way I think....
and here is a pic of it the next morning!







Another project I have worked on when I haven't been busy... haha... is a wedding announcement cross stitch for my son, James, who is getting married this weekend... here is the wedding announcement....




 and I made a card to give them as well... with all the crafting things I organized I better make the card!



I really am pleased with how it all turned out and I didn't plan any of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. Have a blessed day!